Seductive Asparagus Soup
Surprise friends and lovers with this premium looking vegetablegasm of tastiness.
Seductive Asparagus SoupCourse: Lunch, DinnerCuisine: French OriginDifficulty: Easy
This Creamy Asparagus Soup recipe is very easy and suitable as first course as well as main dish
2 tsp butter
1 clove garlic, minced
2 lbs asparagus
2 cups low sodium chicken broth
½ cup heavy cream
freshly ground pepper
- PREPARING THE ASPARAGUS
- check that the tips are firm and compact
- cut off the woody part of the stem
- with a knife of peeler, peel away the tough outer layer to the tip
- cut equally in 1" pieces
- set aside
- THE SOUP
- Melt the butter In a heavy pot over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant for about one minute.
- Add the prepared 1" pieces of asparagus, season with salt and pepper, and cook until golden for about five minutes.
- Add the chicken broth and simmer, with the pot covered, until the asparagus are very tender for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Puree everything with a blender. Stir in the cream, then warm over low heat.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- add fancy croutons for even more tastiness and premium look
- add dill as a garnish to really stun everyone showing the styling skills of a top chef