Peached Ice Tea
Peaches are a great treat, most likely originated in China, but is now widely grown around the world. Filled with vitamins and antioxidants, boosting your immune system, helps heal wounds, destroying free radicals that harm the body. But wait! The magnesium content present in each peach helps calm the nerves which in turn provides stress relief and also helps keep mental health issues like anxiety and depression at bay. So we relax more by relaxing with peach tea! That’s amazing.
- 200g granulated sugar
- 5 ripe peaches, 4 stoned and chopped, 1 sliced to serve
- 4 teabags
- Tip sugar into a pan with 250 ml water. Bring to a boil slowly, ensuring the sugar is fully dissolved. Add the chopped peaches and cook until very soft. Remove from the heat, mash the peaches with a fork, and leave to infuse for 1 hr.
- Sieve the syrup through a fine sieve into a jug, mashing the fruit to release all the liquid. The syrup will keep in the fridge for one week.
- Put the teabags in a large jug and pour over 2 liters of boiling water. Leave for 4 mins, then remove the teabags. Leave to cool, then transfer to the fridge until chilled.
- Stir the peach syrup into the iced tea with some ice, or pour a little of the syrup into tall glasses and add the tea. Top up with more water, sparkling water or ice. Add peach slices to serve.