Peached Ice Tea
Peaches are a great treat, most likely originated in China, but is now widely grown around the world. Filled with vitamins and antioxidants, boosting your immune system, helps heal wounds, destroying free radicals that harm the body. But wait! The magnesium content present in each peach helps calm the nerves which in turn provides stress relief and also helps keep mental health issues like anxiety and depression at bay. So we relax more by relaxing with peach tea! That’s amazing.
Delicious Peach Iced TeaCourse: Soft DrinkCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Intermediate
Relax on smoldering hot summer days with this straightforward iced tea recipe
200 gram granulated sugar
5 ripe peaches
2 ½ liters water
- PREPARING THE PEACHES
- Hold the peach vertical with the stem upwards and using a sharp knife held vertically with the peach, insert the blade carefully until you hit the pit.
- Now, roll the peach around the blade of the knife ensuring the blade is touching the pit the whole time until you have reached your original cut.
- Then, twist to separate the two segments. Do this with all peaches and leave one in two halves.
- You can pop the pit out with your fingers if the peach is ripe.
- Peel the peach and chop into small equal squares
- Slice the two halves you've set aside into equal slices to serve with the iced tea
- MAKING THE SYRUP
- Tip sugar into a pan with 250 ml water. Bring to a boil slowly, ensuring the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Add the chopped peaches and cook until very soft. Remove from the heat, mash the peaches with a fork, and leave to infuse for one hour.
- Sieve the now syrupy solution through a fine sieve into a jug, mashing the fruit to release all the liquid and flavours. The syrup will keep in the fridge for one week.
- Put the teabags in a large jug and pour over 2 liters of boiling water. Leave for 4 mins, then remove the teabags. Leave to cool , then transfer to the fridge until chilled. (see tips for cooling times)
- ENJOYING YOUR ICED TEA
- Stir the peach syrup into the iced tea with some ice, or pour a little of the syrup into tall glasses and add the tea.
- Top up with more water, sparkling water or ice cubes. Add peach slices to make it look nice and because it's delicious.
- Fast cooling would be about 20-25 minutes in a freezer. If you put it in a bucket of ice, that would halve that time to 10 minutes. If you put water in that ice, it will be chilled enough to enjoy (5 degrees) in about four to six minutes. If want it even faster put salt into that water and reduce the chill time to just over two minutes.
- Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream to your peach iced tea to make a Peach Iced Tea Float!