Chewy M&M’s Cookies
This epic cookie is guaranteed to hit the spot. It’s just that good!
No need to forage in local stores for second-rate versions. Making your own is easy as pie.
Chewy M&M CookiesCourse: SnacksCuisine: American OriginDifficulty: Beginner
Everyone’s favorite cookie’s recipe you can easily make yourself
2 cups all-purpose flour
½ tsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
¾ cup unsalted butter melted
¾ cup golden brown sugar
¾ cup granulated sugar
1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
1 heaping cup milk
- Sift the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl. Then set aside.
- Melt the unsalted butter in a saucepan or microwave and pour into a bowl.
- Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar to the butter along with the vanilla extract. Mix using an electric hand mixer. Make sure to beat it well.
- Add the room temperature egg and egg yolk and beat them in.
- Add in the dry ingredients and gently mix on low speed. Then gradually pick up the speed and mix until all ingredients are fully incorporated. Lastly, mix in the M&M’s.
- Scoop out and roll the cookie dough. Place even-sized cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper about five centimetres apart.
- Cover and chill your dough for about two hours. If you want flatter cookies, don’t chill the dough.
- Bake at 175 °C for about 12 minutes. The centres will look a little under-baked, but don’t worry; they will continue to bake even after you take them out of the oven.
- Let them sit on the baking sheet for about five minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.
- add a few extra M&M’s for a more colourful cookie